[OSGeo-Conf] OS conference platform

Gavin Fleming gavin at kartoza.com
Mon Sep 2 07:59:01 PDT 2019

Hi all

The topic of consistent conference infrastructure came up again at Bucharest, with the emphasis on giving conference teams maximum space to focus on the conference rather than selecting and building new back-ends each time. I’ve recently experienced ‘Open Source Event Manager’ [1] through my interaction with the Postgresconf coming up in Johannesburg [2]. It was a pleasant and slick experience and seems to do most of what a FOSS4G would need.

If we like it (or something else) we could specify it for 2021 (along with Attendify which seems to be and accepted component now)

Gavin

[1] https://github.com/PostgresConf/pgem, which is a fork of https://github.com/openSUSE/osem
[2] https://postgresconf.org/

Gavin Fleming - Joint MD - PrGISc [PGP1234]
* Desktop GIS programming services
* Geospatial web development
* GIS Training
* Consulting Services