[OSGeo-Conf] Getting ready for the Travel Grant Programme

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Feb 20 13:27:56 PST 2020

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 11:53 AM Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:

> So we have 3 volunteers to join the TGP sub-group:
>
> Jody Garnett
> Adam Steer
> John Bryant
>
> Thanks to all of you for offering to help

It's exciting to see people continue all of Steven's great work!

> In addition I am hoping that Till Adams and Eli Adam will agree to continue supporting the TGP?

I'm interested in continuing to help in a supporting role.

> We have a statement of application criteria for the TGP at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Application_criteria if anyone thinks we should alter these criteria please post suggestions in this mail thread over the next few days. I would like to post an announcement inviting LOCs to submit applications for the TGP by 26 Feb (I was thinking Conference, Discuss and Announce lists)

The listed criteria look good.  The plan for inviting applications
sounds good as well.  You may want to make clear that it is
applications for *organizers* and that indeed are not calling for
applications nor offering any actual grants at this point.

> Once we have the applications in we can decide whether we are able to support all of the applications or whether we need some selection process or scaling back of the amount available. TGP sub-group members will be expected to recuse themselves from decisions on applications in which they have an interest.

Yes, good judgement.

Best regards, Eli