[OSGeo-Conf] Mailchimp

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Sat May 16 02:35:36 PDT 2020

> >How many contacts do we have?

Slightly above 8300 contacts right now. Once we reach 10.000 it looks
like the price goes up to 230€/month, if I understood it correctly.
It's my first time with mailchimp so maybe I didn't get it right.

I understand the hesitancy on hosting our own version of marketing
campaigns lists. But also depending on an external provider for this
means that in a couple of years (when we reach 10.000, which we will
sooner or later), we will have to take a bigger monthly cost. Or when
mailchimp simply decides his vendor lock-in is good enough to raise
prices.

I don't think Calgary should pay for this either, as they are not
going to get any income. That would be totally unfair.