[OSGeo-Conf] [Marketing] Proposal to subscribe to an email platform for all of OSGeo committees

Jonathan Neufeld jneufeld at tecterra.com
Tue Sep 15 08:44:38 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I think the conversation about saving money and aligning digital practices with group values is important, and I’d like to add some additional context.

  *   FOSS4G is a major event with a major budget, Calgary was expecting to spend ~$1M for 1,200 people
  *   Saving $75 per month sounds like a lot, but over a year that’s $900; that’s one Bronze sponsorship.
     *   That’s 0.09% of a $1M budget
  *   Is the time and effort required to research, install, migrate, manage, learn, and support a new system worth more or less than $900?
     *   Could that time be better spent seeking out a $1,000 sponsorship?
  *   Will the next FOSS4G team be able to run with the system as easily as this team?

Please consider the big picture and downstream impacts.

Cheers,
Jon