[OSGeo-Conf] A couple of technical questions

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:28:16 PDT 2020

Hello conference committee!

I have a couple of questions for you.

*1.- Who is in charge/knows about the community review software?*
(I see it in https://community-review.foss4g.org/ ready for FOSS4G Europe)
We want to develop some tool/prepare it to integrate with Pretalx so
everything is done automatically and smoothly.

*2.- Do we have a *@foss4g.org <http://foss4g.org> mail server somewhere? *
The only *@foss4g.org I have on my personal history is from 2013. Is this
domain being used for emails right now?

2.b) Can we move it to Amazon SES?
We were thinking that, whether we use Sendy or not in the end, we would
like to try Amazon SES. Because it looks reliable, cheap and has no limit
on how many emails it can send. We know big companies are harder to get
listed as spam.
And then if we finally use Sendy, we can use the same SES to send the
emails.

2.c) Or maybe we already have something in place by the SAC?
That would be good too, as long as we can guarantee no mails lost and big
batches of email sent with no restrictions (like the "last instructions to
attendees" email). I know that having an email server that works 100% fine
is not an easy thing and if ticket sales mail gets lost, that's critical.

Cheers!
María.