[OSGeo-Conf] Announcement: Call for Location global FOSS4G 2022

michael terner ternergeo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 06:03:20 PST 2021

- Discussion list

Vasile et al:
Congratulations on getting this out, and a huge thanks for your efforts.
Indeed, there are no guarantees, but *it is time* to see what is possible,
and who is willing to take a run at a 2022 event. I also remain hopeful
that there is a reasonable chance for meeting in Buenos Aires in late
September; and a shout-out to the sponsors that have already committed to
FOSS4G2021.

Here's to some letters of interest coming back in just three weeks...

Best to all and may the vaccines get ever more abundant!

MT

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 3:47 AM Vasile Craciunescu <vasile at geo-spatial.org>
wrote:

> Dear OSGeo/FOSS4G Community,
>
> Our civilization went through a major crisis in the last year. These
> days, the world is still holding its breath, waiting for a
> solution to the current COVID-19 pandemic. We were all scared and
> worried for our family and friends and for our future. However, in time,
> we learn how to cope with the situation and how to fight back. And we
> have great hopes as the vaccination programs started to roll out across
> the globe. Our community has to fight back as well and to find solutions
> to continue with our activities. This is why our beloved event, the
> global FOSS4G conference, must go on, in one way or the other. If
> physical conference will not be possible, well... we must reinvent and
> keep the FOSS4G spirit alive.
>
> Today, OSGeo's Conference Committee is happy to announce that the call
> for location for the
>
> "Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference 2022"
>
> is open. The events is to be held in Europe or North America. Only in
> case that we do not receive any appropriate bid from these parts of the
> world, we will consider to accept bids from any region.
>
> Historically, every FOSS4G bid was a great challenge for the LOCs. 2022
> will add a bit extra. But, as an anime character once said "Hard work
> betrays none". And OSGeo is committed to stand by the hard working LOCs
> to provide all the needed support.
>
> Please find all details on our wiki page [1]. In case that you have any
> questions, don't hesitate to ask the Conference Committee [2]!
>

> May the FOSS4G be with everyone,
>
> Vasile & Msilikale, on behalf of OSGeo's Conference Committee
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2022_Bid_Process
>
> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee

Michael Terner
ternergeo at gmail.com