[OSGeo-Conf] Letter of Intent FOSS4G Firenze 2022

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Fri Feb 26 09:44:34 PST 2021

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 11:53 PM Vasile Craciunescu <vasile at geo-spatial.org>
wrote:

> Dear Luca,
>
> Thank you and the entire FLOC for stepping in and submitting a letter of
> intent for hosting FOSS4G2022! We are all aware that this requires a lot
> of courage in these complicated days.
>
> The committee will acknowledge the RfP status and will inform the board
> of directors about your letter.
>
> Dear CC members,
>
> 25th of February was the deadline to submit letters of intent for
> hosting FOSS4G 2022 (Europe and North America). Florence LOC was the
> only group that expressed the intention of hosting our international
> event. Of course, the lack of competition is somehow disappointing.
> However, giving the pandemic context, the situation is totally
> understandable.
>
> The received proposal was submitted by one of the strongest communities
> within OSGeo. Therefore, personally, I see no reasons for preventing us
> to move along, inform the board and the community about the RfP first
> stage outcome and declare the questions session open.

Yes, let's continue our process which is now questions.  I don't see any
reason to involve the Board or community.  This is a conference committee
process.

> Please let me know what are you thinking.

With only one letter of intent, I'm entirely open to voting it down if it
does not meet standards and issuing the call again.  (I'm not saying
anything about the LOI that we did receive, just that I will follow the
process and receiving only one LOI does not in any way change anything).

Best regards, Eli