[OSGeo-Conf] Letter of Intent FOSS4G Firenze 2022

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 21:38:46 PST 2021

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 at 18:27, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> Hi Luca and FLOC,

Dear Eli and Conference Committee Members,

> Thanks for the LOI.  I have a clarification request posted here, https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Q%26A_Stage_1_Florence.  This could also be fully addressed in the RFP stage and is not critical for the LOI stage.  Over the years in Portland, we've coordinated a few conferences being in the same area and about the same time.  Overlapping the same time makes it very difficult (being successive can work well, particularly if one is a weekday conference and the other is a weekend conference).  Coordinating conferences with very different budgets and price structures takes creativity with finding appropriate venues and catering.
>
> Please clarify the August 24 to 26 dates or how dates might work with other conferences. Would SotM work in that venue on the 27th (without the auditorium) and 28th? Would the price of the venue work for SotM?  Would there be any overlap of dates?  When would the code sprint be scheduled?

The dates will work because from 24th to 26th there will be the main
FOSS4G conference, maybe on the 26th we could have some OSM related
workshops at the University in order to not have any problems with the
space. Moreover, if the venue costs will not fit with the SotM
conference we can use the University spaces, some rooms will be used
for the code sprint and others for the SotM conference. Usually SotM
conferences need 3/4 rooms and more or less the same numbers of rooms
are required for the code sprint so there will be no space problems.

However so far we haven’t received an answer neither from OSM nor from
HOT, but we are going to contact them again to discuss and see how we
can collaborate.

--
ciao
Luca