[OSGeo-Conf] RfP FOSS4G2024

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 00:01:16 PST 2022

Hi all,

Il lun 12 dic 2022, 10:42 María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> I have only one question: are we then repeating North America? Because
> 2023 was NA year, we just didn't get any proposals.
>
> By giving another opportunity to NA for 2024 we are delaying the
> "Not-EU-Not-NA" region opportunity. Should we maybe have a shared "this is
> not EU-not NA, but if you are NA you are welcome to try" round?

I have some questions about this topic:
- Do you think this rotation is still needed? After COVID people is a
little bit scared to organise so big conference.
- And second do we still want to give half changes to not EU-NA countries
to organise and promote foss4g to their own countries? If we want to have
rotation I would like to propose 4 year cycle, EU-OT-NA-OT

Probably this discussion should be done for the next RfP because now it is
late

Best
Luca