[OSGeo-Conf] MOTION: add Luca Delucchi to conference committee

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 00:07:41 PST 2022

Hi,

Sorry I was thinking to have sent it some time ago

On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 at 06:27, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> I declare this motion passed with wide support.  Welcome Luca!  Please
add yourself here,
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members, and share
your wisdom and experience with the list/committee.

Thanks I added myself.

About my experience I can resume in these points:
- get a good team for LOC, the chair has to trust on them and try to
transfer activities on them as much as possible (likely the italian
community is quiet big and there is a lot of trusted people)
- having a PCO is really useful especially if the LOC is not based in the
host city, but not necessary
- we should work more on accessibility for lower and middle economies
- work more with other communities OSM and HOT in primis, trying to find a
way to maximize costs and benefits for participants