[OSGeo-Conf] Vote outcome for FOSS4G2023 venue

Edonis Hashani edonis.hashani at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 01:31:32 PDT 2022

Dear all, we did an adjusted version of the announcement along with a
photo. Let us know if you need anything else:

📌FOSS4G 2023 to take place in Prizren Kosovo📌

🎉We are thrilled to announce that the 2023 Free and Open Source Software
for Geospatial Conference (FOSS4G) will be hosted by FLOSSK in Prizren,
Kosovo.

FOSS4G (https://foss4g.org/) is the annual event organized by the Open
Source GeoS

spatial Foundation (OSGEO) since 2006 and one of the largest global
meetings on geospatial software of the year.

FLOSSK is a Kosovo NGO promoting FLOSS since 2009.

Set in the foothills of the Sharr Mountains, Prizren was once a capital
city, being a large cultural and trading center. The town has always been
one of Kosovo’s most beautiful cities, with unique roads, churches,
mosques, and lots of old houses, which now serve for visual storytelling on
the city's history and tradition.

Local team looks forward to living up Kosovo’s renowned hospitality.🎇🎇

Photo

Fitore Syla, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lumi_Lumbardhi,_sht%C3%ABpit%C3%AB_dhe_kalaja_e_Prizrenit.jpg

We will post the news in our channels after the news is published by
FOSS4G.

Best,

edonis

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 14:45, Vasile Craciunescu <vasile at geo-spatial.org>
wrote:

> Dear board members,
>
> Thank you for the confirmation of the conference committee vote! Now, I
> think is important to coordinate with the Prizren LOC to make this news
> visible to the entire community.
>
> Warm regards,
> Vasile
>
> On 21.06.2022 13:34, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > The motion has been approved on Loomio, congratulations to the Prizren
> LOC!
> >
> > Best,
> > Angelos
> >
> > On 6/10/22 16:02, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> The motion is now on Loomio:
> >>
> https://www.loomio.org/p/6pl0y1dG/motion-to-approve-selection-of-prizren-loc-to-host-foss4g-2023
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Angelos

> to inform you that the proposal received from Prizren LOC [1] received 9
> votes. 8 +1 and a mild abstain (+0). With this message, the board is asked
> to acknowledge the vote result and to take an official decision about the
> FOSS4G 2023 venue.

Edonis Hashani
+383 (0) 45 559 570