[OSGeo-Conf] RfP FOSS4G2024

michael terner ternergeo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 08:25:15 PDT 2023

This is definitely a tough situation. That said, it is not a complete
surprise that we would run out of volunteer teams at some point. We had
only one response to the 2023 CfP and now none for 2024.

Big +1 to Paul's suggestion for "solicit(ing) some communities" (i.e.,
active recruitment) to see if something could be pulled off. Indeed, over
the last 2 years there were several Conference Dev threads where we
contemplated this potential outcome; and where there was active discussion
about OSGeo taking a more proactive approach to finding and supporting
conference teams.

Thanks in advance to Vasile for distributing the email re-cap on the
non-response to the CfP.

This is a challenge that will not be easy to resolve given the timelines.

MT

Michael Terner
ternergeo at gmail.com
(M) 978-631-6602