[OSGeo-Conf] Questions relating to Travel Grant Programme

Hanno Kuus hkuus at bit.pri.ee
Tue Feb 6 09:41:42 PST 2024

Hi all,

We are finalising the travel grant programme for FOSS4G Europe 2024
conference and like to apply for OSGeo support for our TGP. Before
coming up with official request for funding we are still short of
answers to a few questions that are unclear after reading the TGP
cookbook and other public documents.

* Are there any formalities we should follow or does a free-form message
to this list suffice for applying?
* Does the value of free conference pass we provide to each grantee
count towards the LOC contribution into TGP funding or are we expected
to provide (at least) matching funding to OSGeo's _plus_ a free
conference ticket?
* Are there any strings attached to the TGP funds we receive from OSGeo
(e.g. are we expected to return the OSGeo contribution after the
conference)?

Best regards,

Hanno
on behalf of the FOSS4GE 2024 Tartu team