service level agreements

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 1 06:06:18 PST 2006

Hi list,

are there any plans for the Foundation with respect to the organization
of service level agreements (SLA)?

Currently, one of the problems with getting open source software more
adopted, is the difficulty of getting service level agreements. For
different software packages, one needs to go to different companies,
probably get different conditions, which makes it a hard deal.

Imagine a customer in Holland asking me for an SLA on a certain system I
built based on several open source components, how would I get such an
SLA organized?

Just wanted to raise to subject, although I could imagine the Foundation
wants to leave this up to the individual companies around the software
packages.

Best regards,
Bart