UK Geological Maps out of copyright?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Tue Apr 18 04:26:11 PDT 2006

Thanks to Richard Fairhurst we have available a scanned set of images of
the old one inch UK Ordnance Survey maps predating, err, 1955 I think,
which is out of copyright.

Is anyone collecting geological and soil type maps in a similar way?

This would be particularly useful for environmental organisations I
should have thought.

And if not, perhaps we should start... I'd be willing to help out.

What other out of copyright stuff could there be - water resources etc.?

"When the multitude detests a man, inquiry is necessary; when the
multitude likes a man, inquiry is equally necessary."
Confucius, Analects (circa 6th century BC)

Or more pertinently:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin