[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS - really low cost hardware platforms for this?

Bob Basques bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Aug 2 12:55:03 PDT 2006

M.Blackmore wrote:
> Picking up on the thread of mobile GPS, I wonder about really low cost
> hardware that can be pressed into service, that is light and portable?
>
> Running an open/free operating system I should think.
>
> What about something like this being converted - could it be done?
>
> http://gp2x.co.uk/

Interesting little device.

Looks to be a problem to network easily, but the the USB connection
looks promising.  I don't think there is a built in Bluetooth either,
haven't found anything like that yet anyway.

It does support a browser called "Links", but no Javascript support.
Although, I think OPERA or Firefox might be ported to it.

bobb