[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS data collection...

Sasa Ivetic sivetic at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 14 11:57:59 PDT 2006

Tyler,

Have you heard back from maptools yet as to whether or not they will provide us with hosting?

The discussion seems to have died down.  This is just to reignite the interest, make sure people haven't forgotten about it.  What do you all think the next step is?  We have the requirements started out.  I figure we should start deciding on whether we want to start from scratch, or extend an existing project.
Also, are we agreed on using Linux for the programming environment?  How about the programming lanugage, are we going to stick to C/C++ for majority of the programming (with perl/php being used for the web stuff)?  Or is there interest in other platforms/languages?