[OSGeo-Discuss] Geoscience World Congress 2008 - 33rd IGC with deadline soon

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Aug 22 16:17:36 PDT 2006

Ari is right in his interpretation, I have co-convened a
Topical symposium: Synergy of GIS technology and the Earth Sciences:
current state and future prospects,
at 32 Int. Geological Congress, Florence, Italy, 2004.
We had several FOSS4G contributions and it was not too difficult to
organize, for as long as you know
enough people in geosciences who do GIS and who can come to present.
Otherwise, there wasn't much GIS given the number of participants
(but 2008 may be different).
I am not sure whether I will have resources to go, but I can offer
some advice and help if somebody
wants to take a lead.

Helena