[OSGeo-Discuss] Input regarding Axis Order Confusion

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Thu Dec 14 10:32:16 PST 2006

Here is an interesting page to link to:
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/The+axis+order+issue

GeoTools is taking the stance of - provide a way for the application to
handle the problem (because it will occur), with the recommendation that
this control be passed onto the end user as an "advanced option" if needed.

You will also find that for the new URI format of SRS used by WMS1.3 or
WFS1.1 we believe the EPSG table order, the codes are only ambiguous in
their more common "AUTHORY:NUMBER" form...

Cheers,
Jody