[OSGeo-Discuss] Canned slide deck

Aaron Racicot aaronr at ecotrust.org
Fri Feb 17 10:24:50 PST 2006

Cameron,

I have a presentation on OSGIS that I am continually updating as I get
more and more opportunities to present it.  Most recently I re-vamped it
for a talk I gave to a set of GIS 101 students at Portland State
University.  You would be amazed at the amount of students that have
since downloaded tools like QGis and Udig to try and complete their very
ESRI centric labs for the class.

Anyway, not sure what material out of the slides might help your
particular talk, but I would love to see the material get used by others
and help in spreading the word about OSGeo.  I have not added any
material focusing on the new foundation and its role in the community,
but I would love that type of material if you are willing to share what
you come up with.

Let me know if you have comments or questions, and the only thing I ask
in return is that people make their material available as well so I and
others can benefit as well.  Good luck with your presentation.

http://pearl.ecotrust.org/presentations/index.phtml

Aaron

| Aaron Racicot  | aaronr at ecotrust.org   |
| GIS Programmer | 503.467.0759          |
| e c o t r u s t                        |
| Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center     |
| 721 NW Ninth Avenue                    |
| Suite 200                              |
| Portland, OR 97209                     |
| www.ecotrust.org                       |