[OSGeo-Discuss] Individual vs. corporate belonging

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Feb 19 07:52:11 PST 2006

Generally I agree with Frank on this, although perhaps provision should
be made for an organization to request an individual be fast-tracked for
membership in these exceptional circumstances, where a proposed new
member could be brought to the attention of the board/membership for
determination of acceptance of the new member.

I do think though that it's critical that all membership decisions
remain with the Foundation Membership/Boards ie. no 'Free Pass' for any
organization or we risk a slippery slope of allowing too much outside
organizational influence.

Dave

--
Dave McIlhagga