[OSGeo-Discuss] CollabNet Project Roles

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 06:13:30 PDT 2006

Hi,

I had a similar question last month:
 https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=335

Since then someone still is waiting to get a role approved (or not)
in the GRASS project. Auke sent some suggestions on roles here:
 https://incubator.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=incubator&msgNo=307
 https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=336

So far didn't figure out if I should grant the requested role or not.
If not, I don't know how to "downgrade" the request to a less intrusive
role... simple reject it?
Maybe other project managers have a suggestion?

Markus

On 7/21/06, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask about project roles on the OSGeo.org portal.
> What privileges are assigned to the role 'User'?
>
> I checked CB help and there is nothing about role called User:
> https://www.osgeo.org/nonav/scdocs/ProjectRoles.html
>
> I suppose it is a 'Content Viewer' or 'Observer'
> but I'm not sure.
>
> I'd be thankful for any details about this subject.
>
> p.s. If discuss list is not a good place to ask such questions,
> I appologize and please direct me to the right one.
>
> Best regards
> --
> Mateusz Loskot
> http://mateusz.loskot.net