[OSGeo-Discuss] CollabNet Project Roles

Auke Jilderda auke at collab.net
Fri Jul 21 07:25:20 PDT 2006

Markus, Mateusz,

the site's on-line help only describes the some roles such as Observer,
Developer, and Project Owner that are provided out-of-the-box.  Each
role can be adapted and new roles can be defined; the on-line help does
not cover those.  Normal usage would have system admins provide
reasonable summary of the role as its description upon creating or
adapting the role.  With the "User" role, this is set to "User or
application developer that makes use of the software in the project"
which, agreed, is not particularly informative.

In general, I feel we need to clean up the roles on the site a bit as
described in that one post of mine [1] which also includes a summary of
what permissions each role would grant.

As to granting roles: you cannot "downgrade" a requested role but you
can reject that role and grant whatever other role to the user (and
optionally send a message to clarify).

Auke

PS: The normal location to ask these questions is
    https://support.osgeo.org/

 1.
https://incubator.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=incubator&msgNo=30
7