[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS data collection...

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 27 09:43:04 PDT 2006

Wow Jody,
Google, uDig, CE and LGPL all in the same sentence on an OSGeo
list .. I wasn't prepared for that :)  ha ha

Seriously though...
I have personally been struggling with finding the 'ideal' open
source hardware platform for mobile apps.  I think the handhelds.org
folks are on the right track, but we are missing mobile OSS geo apps.

While David is mentioning a software solution, I'd also like to get
discussion going around a recommended hardware platform.

Anyone have any ideas?  I also have an Ipaq loaded with linux/
familiar and want to make the most of it.  I will post some more
ideas when I get some time.

Tyler