[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS data collection...

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 27 19:18:04 PDT 2006

On 27-Jul-06, at 6:49 PM, Gary Lang wrote:
> How would this funding occur?
>
> I just met the CEO and CTO last Thursday at a party. They've
> invited me to a CTO advisor meeting they have to discuss just such
> an opportunity - take the OQO vertical, etc.
>
>> ...a treat), so for many, having a full colour 1/4 VGA display is
>> a luxury :)  I personally like the OQO form factor and would love
>> to fund a ruggedised version...
Oops, one typo and now you've really got me thinking.  I meant to say
"and would love to FIND a ruggedised version".  But now you've got me
thinking more about potential for the OQO in an open source mobile
geo. context. Hmm...  How about we get some funding to build binary
apps of our OSGeo stack to run on their platform.  We could also then
integrate it with GPS as a value add.  Just some thoughts based on a
freudian slip typo :)

Tyler