[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS data collection...

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jul 31 10:46:41 PDT 2006

Dave Patton wrote:
> This is from a mailing list I'm on....
>
> Subject: [gpsxml] camera device - tagging compass direction
> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:23:41 +0000
>
> Hi
>
> I have created a location recording device for my camera that stores
> long and lat and the compass direction on a FLASH card in CSV format
> each time I take a photo.
>
> For interest, see a picture of my prototype GeoTagger here:
> http://www.jelbert.com/geotagger.jpg

Dave,

It's really impressive application. I'll put it to the Wiki page to
*examples* section.

BTW, This idea could also be transfered to simpler and potentially more
popular hardware configuration: PDA + Camera in SD/CF slot:

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/peripherals/cfcamera.htm
http://www.pretec.com/epages/Store.storefront/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.Pretec/Products/OS-CAS

Best regards
--