Indonesian OSGeo Chapter (was: Brazil OSGeo Chapter - first try)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Fri Jun 2 11:25:15 PDT 2006

Frans Thamura @ Intercitra wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> we are develop a osgeo-id at yahoogroups.com,
>
> can help me to get the subdomain, and what is the steps
>
> indonesia.osgeo.org

Hello,
the OSGeo Foundation is still working on the process of how to set up a
local chapter. Please read the current status here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Local_Chapter_Guidelines

The best place to discuss these issues will be the mailing list
international-discuss at osgeo.org. When you are ten or more people who
would rather like to discuss in Indonesian language you can request for
a separate mailing list.

Probably the best would be to discuss this topic on your existing list
osgeo-id at yahoogroups.com and vote on whether you really want to switch
to the OSGeo directly or rather continue to support the community that
is already up and running. In that case we would be happy to acquaint us
with you and add a link to your organization on this page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Like_Minded_Regional_Organizations

There is a Local Chapters page that links to other international chapters:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Local_Chapters

Please feel free to add content to the Indonesian page that links from
there:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Indonesia&action=edit

Before you can edit the Wiki you need to create an account:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&type=signup

After doing that you can add some information about yourself by clicking
on your account name displayed in the upper right corner. You are also
invited to add yourself to the members page and tell your story - where
do you come from and what are your plans with OSGeo:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/All_Members

This link gets you started:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Getting_Started

...and while you are reading it you might even directly want to
translate it on the Indonesian page.

You are the perfection of our language confusion (Javanese vs. Java).

Best regards,
Arnulf Christl.