[OSGeo-Discuss] Certification commitee

Helton Uchoa uchoa at geolivre.org.br
Thu Mar 16 08:22:07 PST 2006

Hi Venka,

The initial idea of certification is define a way to qualify
professionals. This can be made through some kind of test, for example.
The training (course) is the way to prepare a candidate to make (obtain)
a certification.

We need define a cooparation with shared responsabilities, to exist
integration between OSGeo and commercial companies:
- OSGeo: certification program
- Commercial companies or others institutions: training

My suggestion is (in the first step) define only one software to
certification ("prototype"). After this, It will be more easy define
anothers certifications. (break the problem in more simple parts)

[]s

Uchoa