Oxford based GISsers I can pick brains from?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Tue Mar 21 06:09:49 PST 2006

Hi folks

Me, still stumbling around in the dark. 3yr old has gone to play with
friend - yippee.

Are there any Oxford based GIS people into the open source stuff -
staff, students, commercial or research organisations - that I could get
in touch with to network and to pick brains of?

Does the university run any courses I could scrounge materials from?

I wonder if this wychwood project would make useful work for students to
do for coursework assignments etc. as it would be a very realworld and
very useful tool to have available.

And students have time, which harrassed housedads with young kids are
rather short of (not to mention youthful energy and at the peak of their
learning abilities biologically!).