[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Cross project mailing list

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:21:01 PST 2006

I'm specifically looking for a place where we can ask AJAX type
questions about WebMapping.

For instance, I'm integrating a GoogleMaps Layer into Mapbuilder and I'm
having problems with the zIndex from Google playing nicely with my WMS
Layers.

We could put these questions on Geowanking, but I'm scared that at times
we would swamp the list with technical questions which most geowankers
are not interested in.  (but maybe I'm wrong).

I'm hoping in the long term, that this email list can be a tool for our
webmapping projects to grow closer together - factoring out common
libraries which we can share amongst each other.

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
>> Daniel,
>> As discussed a while back, there are a number of Web Mapping projects
>> who would like a common email list where we can share design ideas and
>> discus shared libraries.
>>

> geowanking? I vet ideas on geowanking, with mixed results. Which is fair
> as my ideas are often a mixed bag...
>
> Jody

Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net