[OSGeo-Discuss] An OSGeo Call for Papers, sort of

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed May 3 02:26:42 PDT 2006

Michael P. Gerlek kirjoitti:
> OSGeo-ers:
>
> The following is sort of an experiment, so please bear with me.
>
> Your Visibility Committee is setting up a "library" of content related
> to OSGeo activities, and we would like you to contribute.

This is a good idea. On the committees wiki page
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Promotion_and_Visibility_Committee there
is an Event Timetable. I noticed Arnulf had made wiki pages for some
events and he had added content there.

I spelled this out as a suggestion for the section and made myself
similarly pages for two events I'm going to attend.

For iEMSs 2006 we've prepared a position paper, which is already
submitted and will be added to the proceedings but at least not yet
we've not been requested to hand over the copyright. I added a link to
the website, which holds this paper. To the earlier versions I
explicitly added a CC licence. For GINorden I submitted so far just an
abstract, which is as such on wiki, but later I'll be needing slides for
the actual presentation and hope to find useful material from those pages.

I think having event wiki pages with materials could be a good way to
collect this kind of content.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics