[OSGeo-Discuss] Seeking historical map + modern reference map

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Wed May 3 08:03:57 PDT 2006

There is a WMS of scanned UK Historical maps at www.visionofbritain.org.uk
- http://vision.edina.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wms-vision?request=getcapabilities which
are all out of copyright (and interestingly contain the OS National Grid
lines which OS claim to still hold copyright on). For modern data OS have
released two tiles of mastermap
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/products/osmastermap/layers/topography/sample.htmlto
allow people to experiment on it.

Ian