Fwd: OSGeo tag line selection

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon May 15 12:30:10 PDT 2006

This is just a quick FYI to the broader community...

Peter Moran, from the OSGeo Visibility and Promotion Committee wrote:

"Just so no one is surprised, VisCom made a decision last week to use “The Open Source Geospatial Foundation” as an interim tagline in order to meet production deadlines for banners and signage at Where 2.0."

This means that it is too soon to choose a slogan/motto/tagline and also get it to the folks who are (kindly) producing banners for the Where 2.0 conference event.  The OSGeo logo and web site name "OSGeo.org" will be on the banners, followed by the full name "The Open Source Geospatial Foundation".

Getting prepared for this event will help our promotion efforts in a big way by building up signage, banners, brochures, etc that we start to reuse right away.

Tyler