[OSGeo-Discuss] C++ library for "gridding"

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 19 10:09:58 PDT 2006

If anybody is interested in developing general library for gridding
that would include some of the standard methods and at the same time
allow easy implementation of new functions, I will be happy to help.
Our original intention with the RST modules in GRASS was to create such
library(including 2D, 3D and 4D) but I had to move on to erosion modeling
before it could be finished - so whatever we have done is now scattered in
the GRASS modules.

Helena

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are working on the SWIG interface to solve that to some
> extend. A major rewrite is the alternative :-)
>
> Markus
>
> PS: See
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_and_Python
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_and_PHP
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_and_Shell
>
> On 10/18/06, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:
>> Yes, unfortunately the algorithmic goodness of GRASS is scattered
>> throughout the program executables rather than consolidated in a
>> library.

>> > That great, but ideally I'm after a directly programmable interface
>> > (as opposed to a command line program).  GRASS is an application
>> > rather than a library isn't it?
>> >
>> > Rob

Helena Mitasova
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208