[Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] C++ library for "gridding"]

chenrg at lreis.ac.cn chenrg at lreis.ac.cn
Sun Oct 22 18:57:20 PDT 2006

Hi, all,

I had 2 days out at the weekend. Thank you for your attention. I'd like to say, we just started the work,and the initial tech docs were in chinese. I'll try to explain what we'll do for the project.
We're working on the current CVS-HEAD (GRASS 6.3). A new directory called API was added to the main directory of GRASS. The high-level APIs will be based on the files of GRASS commands. and will form 7 new dynamic libraries (.so for linux, and .dll for windows), which will be updated along with GRASS CVS. The ArcGIS-like GUI will call these APIs for data processing. The work will join grass cvs once some progress made.

Regards

Chen