[OSGeo-Discuss] New DVD ISO image with GeoFOSS

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 13:06:03 PDT 2006

Nice work Jeroen,
Do you have any future plans for keeping this package list maintained or
using it as a base to feed into linux and windows distributions?

Recently I've been talking with Stefano Costa about the idea of an OSGeo
packaging project.

Frank has started a wiki for this at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_Binary_Distribution which would be
a logical place to start work.

There was a thread on this list a while back on this topic titled:
"Packaging an Integrated Geospatial Stack"
https://mail.osgeo.org/servlets/Search?scope=project&resultsPerPage=40&query=osgeo-discuss+Packaging+an+Integrated+Geospatial+Stack&Button=Go

Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
> Hi all,
> Have been working hard on the next version of the GeoNetwork  opensource
> CD. It's out to the printer now. The new print will be a  DVD instead,
> and that's good news as I could fit way more GeoFOSS on  it :-)
>
> Besides the GeoNetwork opensource 2.0.3 fix release, the DVD also  holds
> the following software, mostly with the very latest releases:
>
> Deegree 2.1pre
> FWTools 1.0.6
> GDAL/OGR 1.3.2
> GeoServer 1.4.0RC1
> GRASS 6.2RC2
> gvSIG 1.0RC2
> Ka-Map 1.0b1
> MapBender 2.4
> MapBuilder 1.0.1
> MapGuide 1.0.2
> MapServer 4.8.4
> OpenLayers 2.1
> Ossim 1.6.6
> PostGIS 1.1.5
> QGIS 0.74
> uDig 1.1RC4
> WorldWind 1.3.5
>
> and a range of supporting software.
>
> The disk will be presented at the next UNGIWG and GSDI meetings in
> Santiago, Chili in 1.5 weeks.
>
> An ISO image (2GB!) is available from ftp://tecproda01.fao.org/pub/
> gn_os/GN_OS203.iso . Please don't start pulling all at once :-) Maybe
> OSGEO can host a copy on the OSGEO servers?
>
> Regards,
> Jeroen

Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net