OSGeo community Maxed out?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:35:34 PDT 2006

I've noticed that OSGeo as a community seems to be Maxed out. When an
good idea is thrown out into the ether, people comment on it, but are
not following through with committment to the task.

This was not the case 6 months to a year ago when people were jumping in
left, right and center to help out.

I believe this is because the OSGeo community is now working at full
capacity of its current membership.

Solutions:
1. Work more efficiently.
2. Stop coming up with good ideas.
3. Start recruiting around the edges of the OSGeo Community.
Eg: For packaging the OSGeo Stack, we could draw upon the linux
packaging communities.

We are all Open Source community builders. No one should be more
qualified than us at extending our community.

--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net