[OSGeo-Discuss] Libre Graphics Meeting - Montreal, May 4-6

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Apr 6 19:48:02 PDT 2007

I was talking to some folks involved with the Libre Graphics Meeting
(below) and I think it'd be interesting to try to find some synergies
between our geospatial visualisation needs and their applications:
Blender, GIMP, Inkscape, Krita, Scribus.  We all know map production
is near and dear to our hearts and similar concepts are to theirs
too.  It'd be great if someone could go and do a presentation about
our perspective on graphics with geo on the brain.

Anyone near Montreal first week of May?

More info...  Let me know if you want to follow up with them and I'll
put you in touch.

Tyler

------
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/
"
This conference is all about participation. Artists and developers,
feel free to bring your laptops and show us what you can (and can't
yet) do. Organise a BOF about your favourite project or feature.
We're aiming for a bazaar.
Libre Graphics Meeting is free to attend, and open to all.
We bring together developers and users of the best of free software
graphics applications - Blender, GIMP, Inkscape, Krita, Scribus, and
more. 2007 promises to be a fun ride, with tutorials and
presentations of applications, and lots of time and space to chat,
meet up with old friends, make new ones. Plans will be made, hacking
and drawing will be done, fun will be had.
"