[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4g 2007

warmerdam at pobox.com warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 19:49:45 PDT 2007

Daniel P. Ames wrote:
> Is OSGeo making plans for a FOSS4g 2007?

Daniel,

Yes!

The conference committee is busy at work.  We have already solicited sponsors
which is going well, though more would be valuable.  And just in the last
week the call for workshops was issued (quite widely!).  Registration won't
open till we have collected and selected workshops (something like 8 weeks?)

   http://www.foss4g2007.org

Or perhaps, you were wondering if OSGeo is planning what role it will play
there?  OSGeo is the conference organizer, so we will be *everywhere* at
the conference. :-)  However, I don't think we have serious started to think
about what our booth presense or other foundation activities at the conference
might be like.

If you are interested in helping the conference committee with preparations
please let me or Paul Ramsey know.  Conferences run on volunteers and we need
lots for a variety of different sorts of jobs.

Best regards,