[OSGeo-Discuss] Call for help with Where 2.0 and OGC

Raj Singh raj at rajsingh.org
Thu Apr 12 20:34:58 PDT 2007

I'm not sure why I just received this message dated Feb. 1, but it's
a good time to let people know about our next call, (today for many
of you):
Friday, April 13 at 3pm EDT
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?
month=4&day=13&year=2007&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=43>
Please call: +1 512 225 3050 passcode:36429#

The idea is to showcase the software and services that us "uber" geo
geeks are building, and make it more powerful by organizing our
efforts around some common scenarios. Here's the latest idea on the
scenarios we'll be exploring. Hope people can call in, and please do
sign up for the mailing list where more discussion will happen
<https://mail.opengeospatial.org/mailman/listinfo/mass-market-geo>.

Scenario 1: ***Business location ideas mashups***
Where should "we" put our new office? That's the question that
motivates this scenario. It's an issue that cuts across government,
commercial, and personal interests.

Locating a business brings up commercial issues such as:
- how expensive are the rents compared to other areas
- how educated is the workforce
- what are taxes like

Personal questions could be
- what's the housing market like
- what are the cultural activities
- schools, traffic, etc.

Scenario 2: ***Emergency Response***
Location is North Carolina, US, due to the wealth of data available
via OGC services and some people working there volunteering to
organize the effort.

---
Raj