[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: open <geospatial> data access

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:06:08 PDT 2007

> Rather than choose among these, I am actually going to talk about all
> of the above in Atibaia two weeks from now. These activities, however,
> concentrate on the data side, although Paulo's suggestions are only
> possible if, along with the technology, the legal and cultural hurdles
> are also tackled. To that end, encouraging the open geospatial players
> in Latin America to take the lead in licensing/contractual issues
> would be very important. OSGeo's geodata licensing group offers a
> space for them to get involved and take the debate/discussion beyond
> Canado-Euro-American framework.

Atibaia is a nice, quiet town. Look for the Bragança sausages, they are awesome!
The weather should be very good right now.

> Anyway, thanks for your ideas. Helps me "rightfully" spread the OSGeo
> ideas. If you have more, please do send them my way, as collectively
> you know way more than any one person does.

During may there will be the Mapserver user conference in Brasilia, I
hope to be there.
We shall see the formation of the Brazilian OSGeo Chapter, maybe you
could post a short report of your findings in Atibaia, so we can tie
things together. I assume there are going to be lots of people from
leading universities and gov. agencies.
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.224 = GG86jc