[OSGeo-Discuss] Photo slideshow - mapping program link?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Apr 29 07:14:19 PDT 2007

Bengt Rostedt wrote:
> I would like to use a program that would link a photo slideshow
> program with a mapping program like OziE or Googlearth. The main
> functionality would be that while progressing in the photo slideshow
> the mapping program (running simultaneously on a separate display
> using the split screen possibility) would show the location where the
> displayed photo was taken and the angle of view in the photo.
>
> I understand that the GPS exif data in the photo file if available
> would enable this, although only the horizontal angle as vertical
> direction data afaik is not included. I use Irfanview and Adobe
> Photoshop Elements 3.0 as regular photo viewers.
>
> Is there any such program already developed or under development?

I don't know any program doing that, but I think GPS Visualizer could be
a good example of similar application:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

May be there is any way to extend or found such functionality,
so its authors will do it for you. See the first Q&A:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/faq.html

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot