[OSGeo-Discuss] Grass to Indian languages

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 08:49:36 PDT 2007

Hi Markus,
  the Free Software Foundation, which has representation in OSGeo India chapter
  is doing work in this regard.

  "Files for Marathi and Hindi are there, but messages aren't much
  translated therein."
  Hopefully this will be covered.
  Cheers
  Ravi Kumar

Markus Neteler <neteler.osgeo at gmail.com> wrote:  Hi Ravi,

to take efforts to the concrete - do you see a chance to work
on the translation of GRASS user messages to Indian languages?
This is something which I/we cannot cover due to language barrier.

http://grass.itc.it/devel/i18n.php

Files for Marathi and Hindi are there, but messages aren't much
translated therein. A perfect task for a user since no development
skills are needed! Maybe you could find people to work on this?

Best
Markus

On 8/8/07, RAVI KUMAR  wrote:
> Hi All,
> My Congratulations to all the newly elected board
> members. Hope the OSGeo board will promote more
> vigorously development, and implementation of FOSS GIS
> in the world and the developing world in Particular.
> The ground realities of the complex needs of
> developing world may be given a thought. The catch 22
> situation in countries like India needs a solution, by
> giving incentives to students and education institutes
> of Geo informatics alike.
> Cheers
> Ravi Kumar

Open Source Geospatial Foundation