[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Board Election Results

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 9 12:20:08 PDT 2007

P Kishor wrote:
> In the spirit of openness, it would be worthwhile seeing where the
> charter members thought it best to cast their votes. While
> embarrassment is a possible consequence, I believe if I were running
> for a Board member, and if I lost, I would still like to see the
> votes... I am not interested in seeing who voted for who... I am more
> interested in seeing the voting pattern as a reflection of the pattern
> of interest, awareness, and even a need for doing more.

Puneet (and Tamas, Bart, ...)

I don't have a strong opinion on this.  If someone would like to take
this issue formally to the board I would encourage you to write up a
position in the wiki and add it as a topic for the next board meeting
agenda at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Twenty_Eighth_Board_Meeting

If so, I'd ask that you be available to speak on behalf of the issue
for the next board meeting.  Alternatively, the topic could be discussed
at the AGM at FOSS4G (planned for late on the Monday I believe).  I
can't seem to find a wiki page about the AGM, though I think one exists.

Of course, discussing here is fine too, but ultimately for action it
is helpful for someone to "carry the ball".  I'm not going to be that
person given a lack of enthusiasm about the idea.

Best regards,