[OSGeo-Discuss] domains

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 03:35:19 PDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Tim Bowden <tim.bowden at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 15:48 +0530, P Kishor wrote:
> > Actually, hit me please if I am being silly.. but why this foss4g
> > business (which seems so contrived to me... I recently came across
> > GIT&S... geog. info. tech. and systems! that really got my eyes
> > rolling). Why can't we just have
> >
> > www.osgeo.org/conferences/<year>
> >
> > ?
>
> or conf.osgeo.org/year ?

something about sub-domains not getting Google-indexed as efficiently
as sub-dirs. But, what do I know.. conf.osgeo.org/<year> is just as
well.

I believe O'Reilly, the king of conferences, uses
oreilly.com/conferences, and I like the simplicity of it. That, and
the fact that I don't particularly care for this foss4g business... I
am surprised no one has yet chimed in with floss4g

freakin' acronyms...

--
pk