[OSGeo-Discuss] domains

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 23 09:22:48 PDT 2007

P Kishor wrote:
>> Likewise, democratic decision making may hinder OSGeo's ability to
>> select more charter members and directors from the developing world.
>>

> Now, that would be plain sad and wrong. Again, for now, I am
> "ambivalent leaning to disagreeing" with the above, but OSGeo is still
> young. When it really becomes a problem, I hope to use all the
> legitimate processes available in a true democracy to try and
> overturn/change such a decision-making.

Puneet,

Well, luckily there are a variety of steps available.  Notably discussing
the matter so folks take spatial/cultural diversity into account when
selecting new members and board members.

Also, taking steps to get more folks from the developing world active in
OSGeo internationally so there are obvious and somewhat known candidates to
choose from.

Best regards,