[OSGeo-Discuss] Digital Earth 3D Visualization Grand Challenge
mnl at well.com
Thu Feb 8 15:20:27 PST 2007
Please forgive the cross posting:
INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL EARTH 3D VISUALIZATION
How can we better experience this world of ours at the cross roads of
human impacts and climate change? How can we best communicate these
experiences, particularly in light of the major changes Earth now faces,
as one world? How can we most compellingly understand and communicate
those experiences and processes? What 3D experiences or 3D tools can you
share that might encourage the opportunity for a better world? If you
think you can do this in a way that demonstrates how people can more
easily and effectively communicate, YOU COULD WIN BIG!
The International Digital Earth 3D Visualization Challenge gives
researchers, creative programmers, community leaders, activists, and
students this unprecedented opportunity for international visibility of
their work. Submit your entry by 1 April 2007 to be one of several
International Digital Earth Challenge Winners!
Winners will be flown, with all expenses paid, from around the world to
San Francisco for the June 5th to June 9th symposium. Six (6) finalists
will receive their awards and prize packages at the Gala Awards Dinner
on June 7th on the U.C. Berkeley campus. Contest sponsors, including
Google, ESRI, and NASA will be attending the awards ceremonies for the
International Symposium for Digital Earth awards dinner. Winners will be
afforded the unique opportunity to interview with these industry giants
for potential employment opportunities.
Runners-up will receive outstanding recognition by the International
Society of Digital Earth, and the major geobrowser leaders; ESRI,
GeoFusion, Google, and the NASA World Wind team.
Don’t delay. Visit the Challenge Contest Rules today at
http://dex.telascience.org/entry-form or on the conference web site at
Be recognized as a world-class Digital Earth Champion! For the chance of
a lifetime, accept the Digital Earth Challenge!!!
DIGITAL EARTH CHALLENGE CONTEST RULES
1. Any citizen or class of citizens on the planet Earth may apply.
2. Entries must be received in English by 1 April 2007.
3. Entries must demonstrate unique or innovative applications, tools, or
utilities for 3D Visualization
4. Entry Forms must be submitted electronically at
5. Entries must provide a URL for location of their 3D Visualization entry.
6. URLs must remain active for the duration of the contest (until 9 June
7. Only one entry per individual or group may be submitted.
8. Copyrights and ownership will remain with the author/creator;
however, copyright permission to publish the entry and announce the
winner’s name will be retained by the ISDE5 Secretariat.
9. If USA Visa restrictions prevent winners from traveling to San
Francisco, a cash award will be wired to the contest winner’s bank account.
CONTEST AWARDS FOR DIGITAL EARTH CHALLENGE
1. All expenses paid travel, accommodations, and conference fees to the
5th International Symposium on Digital Earth hosted on the campus of the
University of California at Berkeley.
2. Special recognition of the winning entries by invited presentations.
3. Receipt of Award Plaque and nominal cash prize at the Awards Dinner
on 7 June 2007.
4. Special dinner seating with VIP industry and technology leaders.
5. Technology Prize Package, a collection of valuable gifts including
thousands of dollars worth of the leading geobrowser and tessellation
JUDGING EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR DIGITAL EARTH CHALLENGE
A panel of internationally acclaimed judges will evaluate all entries to
determine their relative ranking. Categories will include: (1)
Applications and (2) Tools & Utilities
Entries will be judged for:
* Effective use of 3D perspectives.
Entries will also be judged for Digital Earth characteristics, including:
* Open source
* Ability to interoperate
Relationship to the themes of the Digital Earth Vision is important, for
* Ease of use
* Sustainable Development
TECHNICAL AND PROCEDURAL QUESTIONS FOR DIGITAL EARTH CHALLENGE
Challenge contestants may submit their entries electronically to
ENTRY FORM CONTENTS FOR DIGITAL EARTH CHALLENGE
Full Name (Family Name, First Name, Other Names):
Work Place or School; Name and Address:
Contact Phone Number:
Entry Description [500 word limit]:
Entry URL Location [Please include any access codes; Confidential for
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss