[OSGeo-Discuss] FAO GeoNetwork in German GIS Business magazine

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Tue Feb 20 00:42:47 PST 2007

Hi all,
This Jan/Feb’s 2007 issue of the German GIS Business magazine had
Spatial Data Infrastructure projects as its theme. This included an
article on the FAO GeoNetwork one on the Global Monitoring for
Environment and Security (GMES) and one on INSPIRE. I hope I’ll be
able to get a pdf version of the FAO GeoNetwork article to be added
to the Geonetwork opensource project’s archive.
The article highlights besides the FAO node also the international
collaboration, the use of Free and Open Source Software and OSGEO .
There was another article on the use op FOSS to set up Free WebGIS too.

blog: http://www.ticheler.net/node/7

Ciao,
Jeroen
Jeroen Ticheler