[OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code
lblake at ksninc.com
Tue Feb 20 14:25:09 PST 2007
I'll need to think about that for a couple of days.
From: discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Paul Ramsey
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:15 PM
To: OSGeo Discussions
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code
Landon Blake wrote:
> Can you give me an idea of how much work would be involved?
Not that much work, but somewhat continuous attention. You need to be
available when you are needed. Main chunks of work are:
- At the start, get together the initial submission to be an
- Get together good project ideas, weed out the bad ones, make sure that
every idea has a committed mentor available, should it be proposed and
- Get together a mentor pool who will evaluate submissions.
- Answer questions from students during the student proposal phase.
- Whip mentors to do their evaluations.
- Once students are selected, ensure that people are happy and
communicating on a regular basis.
- Whip mentors to do their midterm and final evaluations.
There are some good suggestions on screening project ideas and students
from the Mentor Summit from last year.
pramsey at refractions.net
Discuss mailing list
Discuss at lists.osgeo.org
Information provided via electronic media is not guaranteed against defects including translation and transmission errors. If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately.
More information about the Discuss