[OSGeo-Discuss] Route Guidance System

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 08:08:16 PDT 2007

Martin Dobias wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Alan Carvalho de Assis <acassis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Martin, I hope you still improving the Quantum Navigator. Are you
>> planing integration with OSM?
>
> Support for OSM might be added by writing OSM data provider for QGIS.
> I've seen also this recipe for import (but haven't tried it):
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Importing_Planet.osm_into_QGIS
> However a big problem of OSM is that it doesn't contain turn
> restrictions metadata, which is very important for correct routing.

In most cases if the correct one way structures are in place, the restrictions
should be evident, but I do accept that simple 'no right turn' has no
equivalent in osm. All the ones I've had to worry about around here have an
island in the road as well so have one way segments past the junction on the
wrong side :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL